For over 13 years, 123Loadboard.com has been providing carriers, freight brokers and shippers with important cost-effective services to overcome challenges such as freight matching, credit, compliance and routing.
123Loadboard.com is one of the top web based freight matching companies in North America with one of the fastest and largest loadboard networks in the trucking industry.
We offer a culture that recognizes results, yet embraces the importance of work/life balance.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review and analyze system specifications.
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Collaborate with Developers, QA Engineers and other stake holders to develop effective strategies and test plans.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Evaluate product code according to specifications.
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects.
- Investigate defects, and help troubleshoot issues.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Follow configuration management and version control, development and other company policies.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Proven experience in software quality assurance.
- MUST have strong communication skills including presentation, communication, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Working knowledge of test management software and QA methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills; detail oriented; results driven; extremely adaptive; creative thinker; proactive; team-player who delivers on commitments; acute attention to detail; excellent communicator.
- A good understanding of the software development process.
- Good judgment skills.
- Good writing skills (for documenting the process).
- The ability to work in a team and as an individual.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English; you will communicate with staff and customers outside of QC.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
Optionally Preferred Skills
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools (Appium, Selenium).
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Good knowledge of source code management in a collaborative environment, git experience.
- Experience in cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Demonstrated ability to handle diverse situations with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- 123Loadboard offers a suite of benefits and employee development programs.
- Medical and Dental Group Insurance.
- Monthly paid lunches
- Birthday celebrations
- We encourage healthy lifestyle by reimbursing sports activities and memberships.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and basis of disability or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
Relocation and sponsorship
Relocation assistance and sponsorship are not available for this position.